Window Cleaning Tips
Window Cleaning Tips From The Professionals
As New Zealand men and women, we are famous for our DIY (do it yourself) mentality. We pride ourselves on our ingenuity and self-sufficient nature. We also place great importance on our homes, businesses and their upkeep.
How to clean windows…
Cleaning windows can be one of the most tedious and time consuming of all the property maintenance jobs. Furthermore, many of us have never been taught how to clean windows effectively and as a result fail to achieve the sparkling, bright and clean windows in our homes and businesses which we all desire. To get a great window clean you can either hire a professional window cleaner or pick up a few good window cleaning tips.
When it comes to professional window cleaning companies the methods they use, the price you pay and the quality of the clean you receive can vary significantly. To remove the risk in hiring window cleaners, request to see some testimonials of past customers. Here at Hello® we take pride in every window cleaning, gutter cleaning and water blasting job we do. Feel free to read our testimonials of a few of our happy customers
Tips for those of you who want to do it yourselves…
Hello® The Window Cleaning Guys’ have been operating in the business and residential cleaning market since 1997. During this period our team of professional window cleaners have gained significant experience and knowledge on how to clean windows to achieve a great result. The window cleaning tips offered below would be useful to you regardless of whether you decide to do the job yourself or hire a professional cleaner.
- Before taking on a window cleaning job on consider what your leisure time is worth. We have clients who in the past spent hours trying to clean their windows that still could not get the same result as our professional window cleaners. Professional window cleaners will be able to do a better job in a fraction of the time leaving you to pursue other more enjoyable activities with family and friends or even some ‘me time’.
- If you have decided to wash your windows yourself always put your own safety first. There are a range of potential hazards around homes and businesses such as slippery paths, high windows and overhead power lines. Proper footwear and the correct use of cleaning chemicals is also of great importance.
- There are literally hundreds of options and techniques available on places like You Tube on the Internet. Try some of the techniques suggested and see how long it takes to get your windows cleaned to your satisfaction.
- Assess what tools you may require for your specific window cleaning needs. If you live in a one level home you may not require a ladder or long pole to access the windows you want to clean. If you have high windows, the cost of acquiring the necessary window cleaning equipment, plus the risks involved may be far greater than hiring a professional window cleaner.
- If after having tried some cleaning methods you are happy with your results, then you can clean your windows as often as you feel necessary. Our professional service usually suggests two to four times per year for most homes. Homes near the ocean may require a window clean more often with salty sea spray collecting on glass. Commercial sites that require a clean image to match the product they sell or the corporate image of the company may require more regular cleans.